Thursday, January 29, 2015

Picture Frame Frosted Windows

 I live in a house built in 1929 and this picture is of my lavender bathroom.  Today I'm drawing your attention to the windows I get to look out when I bathe in my tub.  Aren't they wonderful?  And the view when I am in the tub...... is almost always a brilliant, ombre, blue sky filled with ever changing cloud pictures.  It's like getting to be a kid again - every day.


Sadly, these are the heavy, wooden shutters that have been covering  the lower half of my windows.  They are important, so my neighbors don't get an unexpected shock, but I've never been happy with how much light they block.
 

 My solution:  I removed the urn pics from a pair of matching frames, and frosted their glass.  Then I attached chains, and hung them in front of the windows.  Now no one can see what I do/do not have on, and I get to soak up lots and lots of light. 


Do you see how gorgeous the sky is?

 
 A little unconventional, but when I'm in this room and all that beautiful light is flooding in.......well, I'm a happy, happy girl.


2 comments:

  1. I love your bathroom and that's such a beautiful idea for the windows! You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I'm glad you think so. I was a little nervous to put these out there.

      Delete